MediaMonkey Attempt 2

After almost 9 months, I thought of giving another shot at MediaMonkey. This time I made sure not to enable auto organization of music files until I was very sure it would auto organize identical to iTunes. For this to happen I had to edit the ini file. I started a new thread in MediaMonkey forums to get file naming happening similar to iTunes.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34788

I came out with bad news. I wasn't able to retrieve the DiscCount of a track so I wouldn't be able to set auto organize rules identical to iTunes. It is bad because this means I have to completely give up on one player. If I choose MediaMonkey then I have to uninstall iTunes because it wouldn't find the tracks that MediaMonkey renamed. If I choose iTunes, then I have to disable the auto organize function in MediaMonkey. What good is it just to have a player? I can do better with foobar2000.

There were performance issues as well.

image

 

I did the following tweaks to get it working like iTunes.

1. Make MM3 replace illegal characters by underscore rather than dash

[FilenameMappings]
3A=5F
2A=5F
3F=
3E=5F
3C=5F
22=27
7C=5F
2F=5F
0D0A=
19=

2. Showing all tracks

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=60&nav=0,3

By default, the Album Art + Details view displays a subset of tracks that appear on the Album, and you can click an arrow to display the full contents of the album.  If you would prefer to always display the entire set of tracks by default, you can set the following in the MediaMonkey.ini file:

[System]

ExpandAlbumsByDefault=1

 

3. Relocating DB

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=46&nav=0,2

MediaMonkey allows you to change the database's location by editing the MediaMonkey .ini file.

To change the location:

   1. Close MediaMonkey (so that it doesn't overwrite any of the changes)
   2. Back up the .ini file. If you're not sure where to find it, see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=17
   3. Move the database from the default location to a new location
   4. Add the following line to the [System] section of the .ini file: DBName=full pathfilename.DB (for example DBName=C:UsersAlexDocumentsDatabasesmusic.DB)
   5. Restart MediaMonkey

 

Nevertheless, the end result is that I am back to iTunes.

All I wanted was

%TrackNumber% %Name%.mp3 for single disc albums
%DiscNumber%-%TrackNumber% %Name%.mp3 for multi disc albums

However this is not yet possible with MM3.

Comments

Unknown said…
<a href="http://www.ccnatoday.com">ccna answers</a>
OY HERO said…
Great set of tips from the master himself. Excellent ideas. Thanks for Awesome tips Keep it up
MediaMonkey Crack
360 Total Security Crack
Spotify Premium Crack
Windows Repair Pro Crack

Popular posts from this blog

Tagging Classic Music albums with Mp3tag for iTunes and Last.fm

DVD to WMV9 Guide 4.5

DVD2WMV Encoder 1.0 ALPHA Started