InstallShield shortcuts not working in Vista start menu

Reinstalling Vista was a thought when I had this problem happening with Vista start menu. None of the InstallShield shortcuts in Start Menu would work. When I click on them nothing happens. Common examples were all Office products. Googling the description of the problem led me to this forum thread: http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14341 where installing ShellExView was a suggested solution to enable/disable non-Microsoft context menus. 

image

I did just that and even without rebooting, I found the culprit: ShellUploader. It is a context menu app coded in C# to upload image files to ImageShack. The program hasn't been updated for 2 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagging Classic Music albums with Mp3tag for iTunes and Last.fm

DVD to WMV9 Guide 4.5

DVD2WMV Encoder 1.0 ALPHA Started